The SEED – September 2021
UPDATES FROM NAKIRIA & LORUGUM ZONES
Lighthouses are continuing to grow in the Zone. There are now 33 Champions leading Lighthouses with 231 Disciples attending. The 33 churches in Lorugum Zone that have been established through SHARE are ministering to 2,717 believers! These churches are led by 7 SHARE Motivators, Abraham Lokuwom, Enos Longoli Lomorukai, Peter Esinyen, Moses Ng’akipi, Ayengyen Atoom Eloiloi, Samuel Aiyo Lomarani and Silas Ekai Ekomwa. Abraham Lokuwom, is the pastor of 9 different churches, with a total congregation of over 1,400! Please keep these men in your prayers as they continue to spread the Gospel and plant churches within the Zone. Below is a testimony of how God met Dorcas in her time of need.
My name is Elizabeth Asuroi Ejure. I live in Nachamae Village in Nakiria Zone and fellowship at Kapua Baptist Church. I am a Champion of a Lighthouse. I enjoy listening to the Word of God on the Audio Bible. It speaks of many good things that bless our hearts. When I play the Audio Bible for my friends who come and visit me, they feel the same way. I turn on my Audio Bible when visitors drop by, so that they can hear the Word of God. Some are delighted to hear the Word and ask how they can get an Audio Bible for themselves so that they can listen to the teachings on their own.
- Protection from COVID-19
- Grateful for the DMM Tools: Audio Bibles, DMM bookmarks and Projectors
- The continued DMM training of Champions has greatly impacted the people and more people are coming to Christ through the Lighthouses and listening to Audio Bibles
- Continued spiritual growth through Lighthouses
- Continued care of the DMM Centers by the local church members
- A water borehole has been drilled in Chokchok Zone!
- The new church plant in Locher-Elim Village
- Clean drinking water across Turkanaland
- Peace between the Jie of Uganda and the Turkana
- For Motivators to grow spiritually strong and healthy congregations, and for the ability to walk the long distances between villages especially when reaching believers as they migrate in search of pasture for their livestock
- Coordination of fencing the DMM Compounds by local believers
- Continued moderate rainfall to provide pasture for livestock and keep believers from frequent migration
- More schools in the area for both adults and children
- Relief for those experiencing famine and drought
- Follow up with the church in Locher-Elim Village in mid-October
- For these Motivators in Nakiria Zone:
- The Toposa people are friendly and sharing
- A generous donor has provided funds for 15 motorbikes to aid the team in their travels!
- Most roads are very treacherous, especially in the rainy season
- Some people who are of the Catholic faith have stirred up hatred to those who are not of the same faith in South Sudan
- The process of acquiring land for a central Sending Center to be purchased without much opposition
- That the strategy of grouping the villages into groups of 3 in North, South and East Kapoeta will be effective in reaching the lost
- Availability of clean water
SHARE Founder, Sammy Murimi; SHARE Board member, Wayne Wuebbels; and Pastor Brent Whitefield, from one of our supporting churches, are visiting Kenya this month. Part of their mission is to visit two of the sites for the proposed Sending Centers. These Sending Centers are part of the Next-Gen Initiative. The dots on the map below represent where the proposed Sending Centers for this initiative will be built. Be on the lookout for an update in next month’s SEED!
Remaining Budget Needs: $12,846/KShs.1,284,600
Remaining Budget Needs: $282,000/KShs.28,200,000
Click the button below to make a donation. If donating online, you may assign a donation using the designation box. After you have chosen ‘PayPal’ or ‘Credit or Debit Card’, the next screen will allow you to designate which project you would like your donation to go to. To do so, click where it says “Designate ministry to receive funds below”, and type your response there (i.e. Turkanaland, Toposaland, Next-Gen). Then complete your transaction. If donating by mail, you may assign your donation by writing it on the check’s Memo line or including a note.
We also request you to consider sponsoring one or more of our Motivators that are in need of support at $2,400/KShs.240,000 per year (or $200/KShs.20,000 per month). You can sign up to support one here.
Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers and support!
STORM 2018 – Children’s Ministry