The SEED – October 2021
– Acts 2:46-47
AS OF END OF 3Q 2021
The 3Q Update is now available at www.shareint.org/quarterly-
JACKTAN KACHI LEADING THE OPEN-AIR MEETING
VILLAGERS KNEEL TO ACCEPT CHRIST AS SAVIOR AFTER VIEWING THE JESUS FILM
JACKSON ERUS AND JACKTAN KACHI BAPTIZING NEW BELIEVERS
SARAH ESEKON TEACHING WOMEN THE 3-CIRCLES’ DISCIPLE-MAKING METHODOLOGY
UPDATES FROM NAYADA & KATAPAKIN ZONES
The church is growing tremendously in Katapakin Zone, with 13 new churches planted in 3Q! This brings the total number of active, SHARE-planted churches in the zone to 54, with about 4,860 members attending. Lighthouses continue to be the best method for multiplication of disciples by training disciples who make disciples of others. The 60 Champions are leading 60 Lighthouses with 305 disciples attending. This increases the need for Audio Bibles, as the new believers are hungry for the Word of God in their language. SHARE continues to distribute more and more Audio Bibles.
My name is Charles Maraka Napei’kiru. I preach in 3 churches under Coordinator Michael Silale.
I would like to explain the ways that the DMM Methodology has helped us. It has helped us teach the Word using the 3-Walk method. The first walk tells the way a person was before being saved. The second walk tells how a person came to know and accept Jesus Christ. The third walk tells how the person now walks with Christ. We are grateful because the 3-Walk has taught us how to share our faith with others.
The DMM Methodology has also helped through the signage bookmarks. A bookmark has symbols that remind us how to share God’s story and our own story. This method is so simple and easy to use versus trying to read from the Bible, since many of us cannot read.
The Audio Bibles have also been extremely useful too. People are able to listen and understand the Word of God through these devices in our own language. I am grateful for that.
In these ways, DMM has enabled us to reach out to more villages and share the Gospel. New churches have been planted and the number of Lighthouses is increasing. Champions have been trained to make disciples, and in turn, those disciples are making disciples. We have managed to preach to several villages, both large and small, allowing many people to come to know Christ. All thanks to the DMM trainings we have received! May God bless the providers of this training. We thank you!
THE TEAM AT A DRIVING CLASS SESSION
- Grateful for the DMM Tools: Audio Bibles, DMM bookmarks, and projectors
- More and more are coming to Christ through Lighthouses
- Continued commitment of SHARE staff, Motivators, Champions, and disciples
- Continued care of the DMM Centers by the local church members
- Adult Literacy Classes enabling people to read and write
- Clean drinking water across Turkanaland
- Motivators to grow spiritually strong and healthy congregations and Lighthouses
- More and more men in the villages to be drawn to Christ and join Lighthouses
- Coordination to fencing the DMM Compounds by local believers
- Continued moderate rainfall to provide pasture for livestock and keep believers from frequent migration
- For the families of those who recently drowned in the lake flooding in Katapakin Zone
- Relief for those who are starving
- For these Motivators in Katapakin Zone:
EMMANUEL KAMAIS ELEMAN
PAUL LOKWAWI RUPWALE
PAUL LORENG IMOJONG LOSAGAM
- Motorbikes and driving training for the Team
- For the DMM tools: Audio Bibles, signage bookmarks, and a Jesus Film projector
- Successful acquisition of driver’s licenses for the Team
- Strength for the Team in areas of endurance and boldness in sharing the Gospel for God’s glory
- Wisdom to guide and lead the Team, so as to know and understand the Toposa people
In September, a Vision Trip Team comprising of 2 SHARE Board members – Wayne Wuebbels and Sammy Murimi – and the Mobilization Pastor of Covenant Church of Naples – Brent Whitefield – visited 2 of the 14 village sites close to the South Sudan and Ethiopia borders where Sending Centers will be erected. The elders in Napusiki and Kangipusia villages in Kalobeyei and Kachoda Zones respectively have been working with SHARE Motivators to make the outreach to the ‘Next Generation’ in the region a reality. Eventually the Next Generation will take the Gospel into South Sudan and Ethiopia. It’s exciting to witness many young people in the region embrace the DMM strategy, ready to run with it northward!
VISION TRIP TEAM 2021 ARRIVAL IN LODWAR
Needed by end of 2021: $154,120/KShs.15,412,000
Remaining Budget Needs: $12,846/KShs.1,284,600
Remaining Budget Needs: $282,000/KShs.28,200,000
We also request you to consider sponsoring one or more of our Motivators that are in need of support at $2,400/KShs.240,000 per year (or $200/KShs.20,000 per month). You can sign up to support one here.
Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers and support!
*If donating online, you may assign a donation using the designation box. After you have chosen ‘PayPal’ or ‘Credit or Debit Card’, the next screen will allow you to designate which project you would like your donation to go to. To do so, click where it says “Designate ministry to receive funds below”, and type your response there (i.e. Turkanaland, Toposaland, Next-Gen). Then complete your transaction. If donating by mail, you may assign your donation by writing it on the check’s Memo line or including a note.
SAMMY PREACHING DURING STORM 2004