The SEED – August 2021
Adult Literacy Teacher, Mark Emathe, teaching his class in Lomopus Village, Chokchok Zone
UPDATES FROM LOKORI & KALEMNG’OROK ZONES
Motivator Sammy Lukosi’s Lighthouse in Lomunyen-Kirion Village listening as he teaches from a DMM bookmark
Motivator Samwel Lomuria, front left, listening to the Audio Bible (held up by one of the disciples) with his Lighthouse in Nabeyei Village
Esther Loter’s Testimony
Motivator James Ekuwom, right, with two of his Lighthouses from Kaikales Village, Lokori Zone
Selina Akuom’s Testimony
Selina is a Champion in Nakoringa Village in Lokori Zone. She is under the leadership of Motivator Robert Ekalale. Before she became a Christian she had many health challenges. She was constantly sick and had persistent headaches. She thought witch doctors and herbs would heal her! But after trying that for some time, there was no change.
She had reservations about going to church because she did not see the point to do so. For her, there was no difference between church going Christians and non-believers. One day she became very ill. Some pastors from the local church came to her home and prayed for her. From that moment on she felt a relief in her body. Her condition started changing immediately. The men of God visited her several days later to check to see how she was doing. They asked her how she was feeling after the prayers. She told them she was doing well. Pastor Robert Ekalale and David Teria presented the Gospel to her. That very day she accepted Christ Jesus as her Savior.
Her walk with Christ manifested a great change in her. Her view about salvation has changed. Unlike before knowing Christ, she has real joy and is able to face situations courageously. She is living by faith, ready to go wherever God sends her. She continues to disciple 10 women in Nakorinya Village.
Selina thanks SHARE International for providing her with discipleship tools. So many people in her village have been attracted to the Disciple-Making Movement because of the Audio Bible that speaks to them in the Turkana language. The message has become clearer to them because they don’t need a translator.
- Protection from COVID-19
- Grateful for the DMM Tools: Audio Bibles, DMM bookmarks and Projectors
- The continued DMM training of Champions has greatly impacted the people and more people are coming to Christ through the Lighthouses and listening to Audio Bibles
- Continued spiritual growth through Lighthouses
- Continued care of the DMM Centers by the local church members
- Drilling for water will begin on September 2nd at the Chokchok DMM Center
- Grateful for the peace between the Turkana and the neighboring Pokot tribe
- Clean drinking water across Turkanaland
- For Motivators to grow spiritually strong and healthy congregations, and for the ability to walk the long distances between villages especially when reaching believers as they migrate in search of pasture for their livestock
- Coordination to fencing the DMM Compounds by local believers
- Continued moderate rainfall to provide pasture for livestock and keep believers from frequent migration
- More schools in the area for both adults and children
- For those experiencing famine
- Upcoming dedication ceremony for the Lokori DMM Center
- For the Bible Pathways training in Sopel Zone
- For these Motivators in Kalemng’orok Zone:
Marko Mark Kaalei Eyanae
Johnson Ekadup Ewoi
- The Missionary Team to Toposaland has begun to enter South Sudan!
- Wisdom of the Holy Spirit to guide and lead the missionaries so as to know and understand the Toposa people
- That God will provide the right persons of peace in each village that the team will be visiting during the last 2 weeks of August
- The Lord to show the missionaries how to deal with the territorial spirits and claim victory over forces of darkness
- For Missionary Amos Erot Ekaale to acquire his passport soon so that he can join the rest of the team
- Security in some areas (It is risky to travel.)
- Availability of clean water
DISCERNING AHEAD… WHAT IS GOD CALLING SHARE TO DO NEXT?
As we approach completion of our strategic outreach among the remaining unreached villages in Turkanaland through our DMM methodology, and as the outreach to Toposaland gets underway, we believe God is now calling SHARE to accelerate the spread of the Gospel into South Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda and beyond by intentionally targeting and building a strong base of next generation believers across the northern frontier of Turkanaland. The next generation will become an army of spiritually and cognitively equipped disciples that will make it happen!
To do so, SHARE has now launched a “Next-Gen” initiative in partnership with like-minded churches and ministries. This initiative constitutes construction of DMM-based Sending Centers where training, spiritual growth, and maturity of the next-generation will take place. SHARE has identified 14 strategic sites for the centers (see map below).
The partnership will prepare the next generation at these centers by providing Sunday School and Education/Training opportunities for children and youth 5-7 days a week. Integral to the curriculum will be the established and proven contextualized DMM Methodology. Currently, the two northern frontier SHARE zones in Turkanaland – Kalobeyei and Kachoda – that border South Sudan, Ethiopia and Uganda comprise a total of 680 children and youth in their programs!
The budget for construction of all 14 Sending Centers is estimated at $380K. We invite you to partner with us in this important outreach through your prayers and financial support.
Remaining Budget Needs: $12,846/KShs.1,284,600
Remaining Budget Needs: $282,000/KShs.28,200,000
Click the button below to make a donation. If donating online, you may assign a donation using the designation box. After you have chosen ‘PayPal’ or ‘Credit or Debit Card’, the next screen will allow you to designate which project you would like your donation to go to. To do so, click where it says “Designate ministry to receive funds below”, and type your response there (i.e. Turkanaland, Toposaland, Next-Gen). Then complete your transaction. If donating by mail, you may assign your donation by writing it on the check’s Memo line or including a note.
We also request you to consider sponsoring one or more of our Motivators that are in need of support at $2,400/KShs.240,000 per year (or $200/KShs.20,000 per month). You can sign up to support one here.
Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers and support!
STORM Team 1998