The SEED – November 2021
– Acts 13:47
UPDATES FROM KALOBEYEI & SOPEL ZONES
MOTIVATOR THOMAS LOCHUCH AND HIS WIFE WITH THE BODY OF CHRIST IN NGIKIRERETIO VILLAGE
VILLAGERS KNEEL TO ACCEPT CHRIST AS SAVIOR AFTER VIEWING THE JESUS FILM
EVANGELIST LOPOR EMMANUEL SHARING THE WORD OF GOD IN LOKIDING VILLAGE
My name is Mary Emuria. I am saved. I worship Christ at Evangelical Holiness Church in Ngikiretetio Village under the leadership of Motivator Thomas Lochuch.
One day, Motivator Thomas Lochuch came to our village and was sharing the Gospel of Christ. I found myself listening to his teaching along with the rest of the villagers. The story he shared was about Jesus being born, crucified, and resurrected for the salvation of sinful people like me. This touched my heart. That evening I gave my life to Christ and became His follower.
It took me two months to fully surrender and change my way of living. Even my communication with the villagers changed. Motivator Thomas gave me an Audio Bible and a bookmark so I could listen to the Word of God and use the bookmark to share my new-found faith with others. I experienced the presence of God, and I am motivated to share the Gospel of Christ and my testimony with other young women in my village. Six young women have now given their lives to Christ and are disciples in my Lighthouse. I am grateful to be used by God as a Champion, sharing Christ and making disciples of others in my village. Amen and Amen!
CHAMPION MARY EMURIA TEACHING HER LIGHTHOUSE
The 16 Motivators in Sopel Zone are ministering to 2,444 believers in 47 churches and teaching the DMM methodology. As of October, there are 72 Champions, with 304 disciples attending their Lighthouses. A total of 29 new believers were added to the congregations in October.
THE TOPOSA MISSIONARY TEAM
- More and more are coming to Christ through Lighthouses
- Continued commitment of SHARE staff, Motivators, Champions, and disciples
- Continued care of the DMM Centers by the local church members
- Adult Literacy Classes enabling people to read and write
- Clean drinking water across Turkanaland
- Motivators to grow spiritually strong and healthy congregations and Lighthouses
- More and more men in the villages to be drawn to Christ and join Lighthouses
- Coordination to fence the DMM Center compounds by local believers
- Continued moderate rainfall to provide pasture for livestock and keep believers from frequent migration
- Drought and famine is still prevelant in many areas
- Relief for those who are starving
- Peace between the Turkana, Toposa and Jie tribes
- For these Motivators in Sopel Zone:
GABRIEL ARITON LOKONG
FRANCIS LOKUSI ERUPE
- 15 Motorbikes provided
- Audio Bibles, signage bookmarks, and a Film projector provided
- Strength for the Toposa Missionary Team in areas of endurance and boldness in sharing the Gospel for God’s glory
- Wisdom to guide and lead the team, so as to know and understand the Toposa people
We have launched the “Next-Gen” Initiative to accelerate the spread of the Gospel into South Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda and beyond by building a strong base of next generation believers across the northern frontier of Turkanaland. To do so, SHARE will build 14 “Sending Centers” where children and youth will register for Sunday School and Education/Training classes 5-7 days a week to be equipped and commissioned to make disciples of others in partnership with our Toposa Outreach missionaries and other Missions ministries in that geographical location.
A team of three people from the U.S. took the first trip to Turkanaland since 2019 in September to survey Next-Gen’s immediate steps forward and prepare for the two Short-Term Outreach & Relief Mission (STORM) trips planned for 2022.
Needed by end of 2021: $106,899/KShs.10,689,900
Remaining Budget Needs: $12,021/KShs.1,202,100
Remaining Budget Needs: $282,000/KShs.28,200,000
We also request you to consider sponsoring one or more of our Motivators that are in need of support at $2,400/KShs.240,000 per year (or $200/KShs.20,000 per month). You can sign up to support one here.
Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers and support!
*If donating online, you may assign a donation using the designation box. After you have chosen ‘PayPal’ or ‘Credit or Debit Card’, the next screen will allow you to designate which project you would like your donation to go to. To do so, click where it says “Designate ministry to receive funds below”, and type your response there (i.e. Turkanaland, Toposaland, Next-Gen). Then complete your transaction. If donating by mail, you may assign your donation by writing it on the check’s Memo line or including a note.
GAIL DEARIE AND HER INTERPRETER, ANNA KARIMOJONG, TEACHING WOMEN DURING STORM 2017