The SEED – July 2021
Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves,
but our competence comes from God.
– 2 Corinthians 3:5
Updates from Kachoda & Chokchok Zones
(The SEED bulletin includes personal testimonies to demonstrate the power of the Gospel to change lives, with the hope that the Holy Spirit would touch and encourage the reader through them, and hopefully share with others that do not know Christ.)
There are 1,997 born-again believers in 23 churches in Kachoda Zone with 8 Motivators shepherding them. A total of 58 new believers were added to the fold in the past month. Due to lack of water, only four believers were baptized. There are 26 Champions leading as many Lighthouses with 142 disciples attending.
Nomadic lifestyle and illiteracy are most prevalent in this zone, which raises the demand and great appreciation for Audio Bibles. Those that already have them share the message of the Gospel with others who do not know Christ.
Motivators and Champions spend much of their time using the DMM tools provided by SHARE to reach and teach as many people as possible through evangelism, fellowship, homestead visitations, and Lighthouse follow-ups. They are growing a healthy Body of Christ across their zone and their villages.
There is tremendous growth of the Church in Chokchok Zone, now with 2,971 born-again believers shepherded by 11 Motivators in 41 church locations. A total of 42 people placed their faith in Christ as Savior in June! There are now 65 Champions discipling 68 Lighthouses, with 430 disciples attending, thriving in the faith, and leading their neighbors to Christ.
Motivators are encouraging, counseling, praying with, and meeting the needs of the less fortunate in their congregations while they preach and challenge believers to dig deeper into the Word. They also encourage believers to attend Adult Literacy classes.
Mary Ekomwa’s Testimony
My name is Mary Ekomwa. I am from Moruaroth Village, Chokchok Zone. My Pastor is Nichola Losike Ekatorot.
Before I knew God, I was a sinner. I was born a sinful person. I was a cruel person who liked fighting, arguing, and gossiping with other ladies. When I became of age, I got married. I continued to do so many evil things, I stole and cursed. I got pregnant with my first child, but he died shortly after birth. The same happened with the second child. I became discouraged and did not know what to do. My friends encouraged me to try withcraft.
When I went to the witch doctor, he brought out a black goat skin, and asked that I wear it along with other charms that went all over my body. One day, as I was putting on the goat skin and charms, I heard Pastor Ekatorot preaching at the church in Moruaroth. I heard him say, “You who are troubled with sins, come hear the Word of God, come and you will be saved. Come to Christ; you will be as white as snow.” When I imagined snow I said to myself, “If it is true, let me run to Christ.” I went over to the church and listened. I was pregnant with another child. I did not want this child to die. I stayed in the village for a couple of months and continued to hear the Gospel message. Before the baby was born, I removed the skins and all the charms and threw them away. I believed God’s message that Christ died for my sins and He rescued me from my depression. I continued going to church. The baby was born alive and continues to grow! I thank God for this. Moreover, the witch doctor kept asking my husband, “Where are my charms?” He answered, “I don’t know! My wife threw them away.”
One day, early in the morning, I went to the river to fetch water for my goats. When I came back, I found the witch doctor sitting with my husband in our home. My husband said to me, “The owner of the charms is here. He wants to know why you threw away the charms.” The witch doctor continued to tell me that going to church was useless. That I would go back to him and ask for charms again. I told him, “Old man, I have gotten saved and I am not turning back. I am going forward and following Christ!” God saved me, He has paid for my death penalty! I am happy! He has also given me children. I am now teaching in my village, telling my sisters to come to the church. That they will be cleansed. I tell them, “See what God has done for me! My fathers and mothers come to God! You will be white as snow. See the way I am. I have changed. I was barren and now I have children. Previously, my children died after they were born, but now they are born and live! Pastor Ekatorot is a good teacher. He is teaching us the Word of God.”
Roselyn Asukuku’s Testimony
My name is Roselyn Asukuku. I live in Naoros Village in Chokchok Zone and attend the Baptist Church.
Before I knew Jesus Christ, my heart was controlled by evil spirits. I was very rude, causing trouble, drinking alcohol and fighting with other ladies. Then one day a church was planted in my village. I started attending services on Sunday. I heard the Word of God preached by Pastor Joseph Lomuria. One day the Pastor asked if I wanted to ask Jesus into my heart and be forgiven of my sins. I prayed to have my sins forgiven and started following God’s teachings from the Bible. Other Christians have helped me in my walk. I am also sharing my faith with others.
SHARE International brought in an Adult Literacy Class Teacher-Champion to our church to teach us how to replicate the DMM, 3/3 Format methodology. He used the methodology to teach us how to read and write. Before this time, everyone in the church was illiterate. Only the pastor knew how to read; he would read the Bible to us. Now we have learned how to read; we can now share what we have learned and teach others what God says in His Word.
I am now a Champion of a Lighthouse, teaching other ladies about Jesus using the DMM Bookmark and the Audio Bible so that others can learn about Jesus and follow in His footsteps.
All in all, I praise God for SHARE International for spreading the Word of God among the lost souls by supporting Teachers/
Champions and Missionaries who teach the DMM methodology in reached and unreached villages in Turkana! This is my living testimony to God!
Adult Literacy Class in Naoros Village
- Protection from COVID-19
- Grateful for the DMM Tools: Audio Bibles, DMM bookmarks, and Projectors
- Continued care of the DMM Centers by the local church members
- Continued spiritual growth through Lighthouses
- Availability of Motorbikes for the Zone Coordinators that make traveling around the Zone a lot easier and accelerates outreach in villages
- Unity of the Motivators, Monitors, Champions and communities they serve
- One of the Motivators from Kachoda will be joining the Toposa Outreach Ministry Team to South Sudan
- Clean drinking water across Turkanaland
- Healing for Motivator Peter Ewoton from Kachoda Zone who is in Lodwar Hospital. He is not doing well.
- Motivators to grow spiritually strong and healthy congregations, and for the ability to walk the long distances between villages
- Coordination to fencing the DMM Compounds by believers
- Funds to purchase remaining 6 Projectors for screening The Jesus Film in all the zones in Turkanaland
- Prayers for the 9 families within the SHARE fraternity in Turkanaland that lost loved ones this month
- Continued moderate rainfall to provide pasture for livestock and keep believers from frequent migration
- Cessation of increased cattle rustling in the area due to the migration
- More schools in the area for both adults and children
Please pray for these Motivators in Chokchok Zone
Daniel Lemzi Eregae
Josephat Lomuria Lopur
Motivators profiles have now been updated through June. We invite you to visit shareint.org/missionary-
updates anytime to read about what the Lord is doing through them. If you would like to send the Motivator whom you support an encouraging message, you may do so via the “SEND A MESSAGE” button on their webpage.
Entry has begun!
- Some of the Turkana and Toposa Missionaries have entered Toposaland, South Sudan and started their new ministry!
- “Gap Analysis” has begun, with 41 unreached villages identified so far.
- Wisdom of the Holy Spirit to guide and lead the missionaries so as to know and understand the Toposa people
- Open doors for missionaries and spiritual breakthrough in the unreached, targeted villages, for many to be saved
- The Lord to show the missionaries how to deal with the territorial spirits and claim victory over forces of darkness that are against our strategic plans
- Accessibility to villages during the rainy season when the roads are almost impassable for months!
- Security in some areas that are risky to travel in
- Availability of clean water
- Implementation of education and health centers
By the end of 2Q: $135,883/KShs.13,588,300
Remaining Budget Needs: $14,901/KShs.1,490,100
Please see below for different ways to make your donation. You may assign a donation using the designation/memo box. You can always reach Sammy, SHARE Founder, at 318-243-4243 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Dalmas, SHARE Director, at +254-711565644 or email@example.com if you have questions.
We also request you to consider sponsoring one or more of our Motivators that are in need of support at $2,400/KShs.240,000 per year (or $200/KShs.20,000 per month). You can sign up to support one here.
Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers and support!
SHARE Board – 1997