The SEED – February 2019
Greetings! God continues to use Share to fulfill His mandate to – “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.” (Mark 16:15) Share ministry has been actively accomplishing that commission throughout its established 10 Blocks across Turkanaland, Kenya.
Mini – STORM in Kachoda Block
In Kachoda Block alone, the Share team of staff and eight Share-supported resident missionaries revisited the villages of Napak, Kangikala and Kangipusia in January. The villages are located between 150 and 200 miles from the Share office in Lodwar. The team had conducted a mini Short-term Outreach & relief Mission (STORM) among those previously unreached villages in December 2018.
Included among the ministries during the trip:
– Screening The Jesus Film in Kangipusia to about 78 people, with 26 of them putting their faith in Christ as Savior.
– Training the new believers to make disciples that make disciples of others.
– Encouraging men auditory learners to participate in Bible Study and discipleship lessons – reinforcing the practice of chronological Bible story telling.
– The men are thirsty and eager to learn more from God’s Word, but most are illiterate. Share provided Audio Bibles to the missionaries, who visit the villages on a regular basis to share the Gospel. Fifteen men committed to support the missionaries in spreading the Gospel in their respective villages.
We request you to lift before the Lord in prayer the following needs in the three villages:
- Availability of teachers for children, spiritual leaders for young men and women and adults.
- That those who have trusted Christ will remain strong in their faith and have a desire to learn more.
- Availability of more Audio Bibles for adults wishing to better understand God’s Word.
- Establishment of literacy classes for all ages.
- Establishment of a health facility in the area to decrease the distance people must travel for health care. Sick people often die on the way to the nearest clinic.
- Food! Drought and famine have persisted in the area for several years.
- Funds to construct permanent worship structures within each village.
- Health of the missionaries and their families, and open hearts among the people they are reaching.
Several other unreached villages were identified in the Kachoda Block during this trip. Pray for the missionaries as they put a plan in place to visit these villages and share the Good News of Jesus with them.
The Road to Napak Village
The SHARE Team being welcomed in Kangupusia
Those who accepted Christ at the showing of the Jesus Film
2018 Annual STORM Team
Some of the Share-supported Missionaries in Kachoda Block:
Pray for the Share staff as they prepare to go to Kalemungorok Block to reach new villages in that area with the Gospel in March.
SHARE International has a monthly budget need of $58,533. Any monthly donation would be greatly appreciated. Please consider serving as an ambassador for the Turkana people right where God has placed you. The Share Director – Sammy Murimi – is open to share at your Small Group upon invitation.
To donate, go to: shareint.net/give
P.O. Box 1011
Wolfforth TX 79382
Situated in Northwest Kenya, Turkana County is the second largest of the 47 counties in Kenya. It covers 68,680 square kilometers.