Toposa Outreach Update – August 2021
GAP Analysis: The team has been traveling in a 30-mile perimeter around Kapoeta Town, sometimes on foot and sometimes on motorbike. They have identified an additional 19 unreached villages. The total identified unreached villages is now at 33. The team plans to group the villages into 3’s and minister to 3 villages during each trip. Currently they are doing homestead-to-homestead evangelism and developing relationships with the villagers that will hopefully lead to sustainable evangelism, discipleship, and eventually, church plants!
- The Toposa people have been friendly and sharing
- A generous donor provided funds for 15 motorbikes to aid the Team in their travels!
- Roads are very treacherous, especially in the rainy season
- Some people who are of the Catholic faith have stirred up hatred to those who are not of the same faith
- The process of acquiring land for a central Sending Center to be purchased without much opposition
- That the strategy of grouping the villages into groups of 3 in North, South, and East Kapoeta will be effective in reaching the lost
- Availability of clean water