Sammy & Mary Murimi
Share International grew out of the vision and inspiration of Sammy and Mary Murimi, Christians of Kenyan nationality. God has blessed Sammy and Mary with four children, David, Justus, Neema, and Baraka; two daughters-in-law, Stephanie and Brandy; and four grandsons – Daniel, Ezekiel, Bradyn, and Moses.
In spring of 1978, Sammy attended a Missions Convention at the headquarters of Worldwide Evangelization Crusade’s (WEC) in Bulstrode (near London) where “Brother Andrew” (Andrew van der Bijl) was the speaker. It was at that convention that Sammy surrendered his life to the call of Missions, with no idea where that would lead.
In the summer of 1978, Sammy traveled to Birmingham, England, to visit a friend. As he watched a TV documentary by BBC on the Turkana people of Kenya, he sensed the nudge from the Lord calling him to reach the Turkana people with the Gospel.
On January 18, 1989, while studying Missions at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (TEDS) in Illinois, the words “share the gospel… (and) our lives” by Apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians 2:8 made a strong impression on Sammy. It was at that moment that Share International was born.
- Reached over 60% of the 1M Turkana people with the Gospel
- Led 86,533 people to faith in Christ as Savior and baptized 12,958 where water was available
- Distributed 1,148 solar-powered Audio Bibles and 2,388 hard copy Bibles, both in the Turkana language
- Trained over 304 missionaries/pastors in the Bible Pathways program at the SEND Center in Lodwar
- Trained and commissioned 175 Sunday School teachers
- Trained, deployed, and supporting 131 Turkana missionaries/Motivators who have planted and are actively supporting 427 churches throughout Turkanaland
- Established 30 Adult Literacy classes in remote villages
- Established ministries for men, women, young men, young women, and children in the churches planted
- Established 370 DMM (Disciple-Making Movement) cell-groups, or “Lighthouses”, throughout the Share-planted churches