Praises & Petitions from Turkanaland: Week 8
WEEK OF JULY 20th, 2020
Kachoda Zone is one of the hardest regions in Turkanaland to reach. Insecurity and terrain make it challenging. However, there are now 108 young men (ages 15 -22) attending church regularly in the Zone. So far, only 2 young men’s Lighthouses have been established in the Zone, with 19 disciples who are becoming disciple-makers.
Motivators Samuel Ekai Lopwarini and Samuel Lokiriama reported that several other young men are attending mixed-gender Lighthouses throughout the Zone. The Motivators are using Audio Bibles and hard copy Bibles during the Lighthouses’ Bible discovery sessions to help the disciples grow in their faith. They are teaching the disciples how to confidently share the Gospel with others using the “3-Stones” and Bible storytelling methods. At least 5 young men have led others to a saving faith in Christ!
- More young men to come out of their traditional beliefs and follow Christ fully
- Young men to be bold in sharing their faith with others
- Young men to be responsible with their duties in their households and Lighthouses
- Construction of the Chokchok Zone DMM Center has begun and is going well.
- Kenya government is allowing churches to resume Sunday services under certain conditions!
- Disciples are continuing to multiply throughout Turkanaland.
- Funding for boreholes to be drilled at the DMM Centers that don’t have water readily available
- The communities in Katapakin and Lokori Zones to donate land so that all Zones can have DMM Centers
- More Champions to be trained and establish their own Lighthouses in all 10 Zones
- Increased local fundraising for the ministry
- Peace in northern Turkanaland
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS & SUPPORT!
REMAINING AMOUNT NEEDED FOR 3Q: $158,047
You may also mail your donation to:
SHARE International, Inc.
P.O. Box 1011
Wolfforth, TX 79382
You may reach the SHARE Director – Sammy Murimi – at: