Praises & Petitions from Turkanaland: 9/27
SEPTEMBER 27th, 2021
On September 8th, 85 Adult Literacy (AL) students graduated from the program after passing the proficiency exam! These graduates can now read and write. They have each been given a hard-copy Bible and an Audio Bible! All are enrolled in Lighthouses; 63 are learning how to make disciples of others, and 22 are Champions teaching others how to become disciple-makers. Some of the graduates are even pursuing to start their own AL Class, so they can teach others how to read the Bible and make disciples. Here is a word from one of the teachers.
My name is James Ebenyo. I am from KaabangaVillage, Nayada Zone. People in my village did not know about Jesus until SHARE’s STORM team came to us in 2017. A church was planted, and Missionary Joseph Echomo became the pastor. I started assisting in teaching Adult Literacy at the church since I was the only person who knew how to read and write, even though I dropped out of secondary school. I started going back to school while continuing to teach Adult Literacy at the church. I praise God that I have been sent to teach literacy and discipleship to others! I am the Champion of 2 Lighthouses with 26 participants! The materials that I use for teaching are the DMM module textbook, an Audio Bible, and DMM signage bookmarks.
The Graduation Ceremony taking place
Some of the graduates receiving their certificate from their teacher
– AL students who have graduated and can now read and write in their own language
– Continued spiritual growth and multiplication of disciples evident throughout Turkanaland
– The Toposa people have so far been receptive to having visitors and hearing the Gospel!
– AL graduates to have a passion for teaching others how to read the Bible and make disciples
– Protection and healing for the Turkana people from COVID and malaria
– God’s favor and protection for the 7 missionaries who have begun surveying and evangelizing in Toposaland
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS & SUPPORT!