The SEED – June 2021
Take care, brothers and sisters, that there will not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God. But encourage one another every day, as long as it is still called “today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ if we keep the beginning of our commitment firm until the end.
– Hebrews 3:12-14
Updates from Kalobeyei & Sopel Zones
Testimony of Champion Peter Achuka
My name is Peter Achuka from Nakitoe-kirion Village. I attended the DMM training held at our Kalobeyei Zone Center recently where my Pastor – Motivator Joseph Lotuk – sent me to be trained to become a DMM Champion.
During the 3 days’ training, I was blessed through the Word of God, good interactions with brethren from other villages; the fellowship was warm and embracing.
One thing repeated throughout the training was ‘’GO AND SHARE CHRIST WITH OTHERS!” This was so encouraging. It was loud and clear! It became sweeter and sweeter in my mind. It was God speaking to us, and especially to me!
I obeyed the call to go and share Christ in my village using the 3 basic methods taught – sharing personal story, God’s story, and Bible discovery fellowships (“3 stones”). When I returned to my village, I started sharing with 4 of my best friends (see photo above), spending much of my time telling them about God the Father, Christ, and how God’s Word has changed my walk in life. We have now become a Lighthouse group! We are fellowshipping in the Word of God and strategizing on starting 4 more Lighthouses for Christ in our village. These 4 friends have become a blessing to our young church in the village. It is my prayer that they will be used as God’s instrument to reach others in the community and lead them to the same faith in Christ that we are now enjoying together.
Testimony of Alice Achuka
The church continues to grow in Sopel Zone. There are 32 churches planted by SHARE-supported Motivators. No new churches were planted in May, but 29 people placed their faith in Christ as Savior. The 53 Champions are each leading a Lighthouse, with 204 disciples attending.
Testimony of Cecilia Eregae Lokauwa
Champion Jackson Emanikor from Lochor Emoit Village praying with his Lighthouse
Motivator Peter Ekai worshipping with the church members in
Lomeyan Village during Sunday Service
- Continued protection from COVID
- Provision of Audio Bibles and DMM bookmarks
- Continued care of the DMM Centers by the local church members
- New churches planted this month
- Continued growth of Lighthouses
- Clean drinking water across Turkanaland
- Spiritually strong and healthy congregations
- Physical strength for Motivators and Champions as they walk long distances (some walk 30 kms/18.6 miles) to attend DMM training – this sometimes prevents them from attending
- Establishment of schools to eradicate illiteracy, especially in Kalobeyei Zone where more audio tools are needed
- Prevalant animistic practices in Kalobeyei Zone that are hindering acceptance of the Gospel message
- Lighthouses to remain strong
- Protection in the insecure areas of Kalobeyei Zone
- More Audio Bibles for the church members so that they can hear the Word of God daily
Please pray for these Motivators in Kalobeyei Zone
Joseph Lotuk Esinyen
John Akeny Lorukieny
Dominic Kirimi Ntwiga
- Nine of the ten Turkana missionaries have picked up their passports. The last passport is scheduled to be picked up on July 7th.
- Four of the five Toposa missionaries will pick up their paperwork at the Kenya-South Sudan border when they cross in early July.
- God’s favor and protection for the Missionary Team as they enter Toposa
- Wisdom of the Holy Spirit to guide the missionaries in understanding the Toposa people
- The Lord to show the missionaries how to deal with the territorial spirits and claim victory over the forces of darkness which are against our strategic plans
- Salvation of lost souls
- Outreach and ministry to Street Children
- Road accessibility to the very remote villages
- Spiritual breakthrough in the unreached villages
- Security in some areas, as it is risky to travel
- Availability of transportation, as it is expensive to hire
- Availability of clean water
- Establishment of schools and health centers
- Complete drilling for water at the Chokchok Zone DMM Center in Turkanaland: Fully Funded!
- Drilling for water at the Kalemng’orok Zone DMM Center in Turkanaland: $19,000/KShs.1,900,000 Needed
Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers and support!
STORM Team 2013