Praises & Petitions from Turkanaland: Week 1
WEEK OF JUNE 1st, 2020
Elijah has continued to meet with his cell-groups, despite intimidation from local enforcement. Chiefs and Health Officers in the area are giving stern orders that the villagers not meet. As Elijah observes the COVID-19 restrictions, he continues to encourage the disciples in his two cell-groups and others spiritually. He has four and eight disciples in each group, respectively, who continue to grow and practice what they learn.
- Provision of food as hunger prevails during these restrictive times.
- Champion Michael Nakorot’s family following the loss of their 9-year-old son in a drowning accident while caring for their animals.
- Provision of water borehole for Nakwakaal Village residents, especially with the current travel restrictions.
- Motivators throughout Turkanaland are grateful that the number of cell-groups and disciples are continuing to increase during this pandemic.
- In May, 108 people gave their lives to Chrsit in Turkanaland and 306 joined cell-groups!
- The community of Kalemngorok Zone donated 20 acres of land to Share to construct a DMM Center!
- Kachoda Zone Monitor, Peter Ewoton, was able to receive treatment after suffering from Hepatitis B. He is recovering and on his way home from the hospital. He is grateful to his sponsors in the U.S. for providing the funds needed for his treatment.
- One coronavirus case has been reported in Turkanaland. Pray that the Lord will prevent the virus from spreading any further.
- Cholera outbreaks have recently been reported in Turkanaland. Pray that the Lord will heal those suffering and prevent the disease from spreading to others.
- Invasion of locusts has continued to ravish pastures in parts of Turkanaland. Pray that the Lord will intervene.
- Hunger is looming in Turkanaland. Public distribution of food has been banned for the time being. Pastoralists are unable to travel to search for food and water. Pray that the Lord will provide for those who are starving.
You may also mail your donation to:
SHARE International, Inc.
P.O. Box 1011
Wolfforth, TX 79382
You may reach the SHARE Director – Sammy Murimi – at: